26.9.09

The Economy Is Struggling, Really?!

It seems that Saturday is becoming my default day for typing up some new thoughts to add on here. My husband is at the library studying and I am sitting here thinking about all of the things I should be getting done. My job feels all consuming, which I am sure is the case for most people. This endless list of job related responsibilities hangs over my head just waiting for me to start checking things off. I hate the idea of using Saturday to accomplish any of that checklist. I usually put it off, leaving me feeling behind all week long just barely able to stay afloat. Today is one of those Saturdays that I absolutely have to devote to work. So instead, I took a detour to this blog in order to avoid the task of getting started on anything that remotely represents work. Distracting myself for a little longer is a trait I have mastered far too well. I would probably deem myself lazy. If it was my choice I probably would be the most unproductive human being around. Wasting time is something I do very well. Last night while we were driving in the car I blurted out to my husband, "Being a responsible adult is exhausting!" He didn't give much of a response. I am sure some of his thoughts in that moment ran along the lines of:

- she has no children to worry about
- she is only required to be at work until 2:40 pm everyday (granted there are endless unpaid hours I put in.)
- she hardly ever cleans the apartment
- she isn't in law school
-she doesn't have to study for countless hours on end
- she has no idea the fragile state that the world is currently in

Once I ran through that list in my head I felt somewhat stupid for making such a bold statement in relation to my life. I am pretty oblivious to anything happening outside of my very narrow lens. Marrying a guy committed to staying connected and informed on critical issues and updates faced nationally has been an interesting journey for both of us. He is often shocked once he realizes that most of the play by plays he is relaying concerning well know news are tidbits that seem to be novel to me. I should be better informed on most things. Perfect for me I have a personal guide that can spoon feed me the information as needed.

1 comment:

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

Dear blog,
please tell your author to write on you again. I would love to read another entry.
Much thanks,
Anne
P.S. I am going to pee my pants with excitement about going to SLC this week!!